Wow, it’s already November!
Winter is coming, and with it a serious need for a hearty, healthy chicken veggie soup. But not just any soup! A soup that tastes amazing and is loaded with tons of vitamins, minerals, and good proteins to help keep your immune system up and running smoothly!
This recipe seems to be a crowd favorite, so I’m sharing it with you.
Here is the recipe:
- Make your chicken broth. This process won’t be talked about in this post. I’ll do a separate one for that.
- Dice your veggies. For my soup I diced the following
4 large carrots
2 medium red onions
1 stock of celery
4 small potatoes (don’t add these just yet. You’ll add them to the pot after the veggies have been sautéed).
- Put diced veggies in your Instant Pot or other pressure cooker.
- Sauté your veggies in your Instant Pot. I skimmed off all the fat from my chicken broth and sautéed my veggies in it for about 3-5 minutes in my Instant Pot.
- Add your chicken broth to your veggies. I just poured about 2.5 quarts of already-made chicken broth over my sautéed veggies in the instant pot.
- Add chicken and potatoes. I had previously cooked a chicken in a slow cooker the day before and added half of the chicken meat to this soup (just make sure you cut up in small pieces).
- Add spices. I used these:
1 TBS of garlic salt
1 TBS of an all purpose “Spice Right” from spice company Simply Organic
4 TBS of South West Organic Miso paste (optional. Just add more salt and spices if you choose to not do this).
- Set your instant pot to the soup setting for 7 minutes.
- Close up your Instant Pot. Make sure the valve is closed as well.
- Release the valve and open the pot as soon as cooking is completed.
- Eat and enjoy!
Remember to eat your “medicine” every single day. You want to get at least 8 servings of veggies daily, which is about 4 compact cups of vegetables a day.
To your health,