Spearmint Essential Oil
Certifications: Organic, kosher, vegan, kid friendly
Botanical Name: Mentha spicata
Main Constituents: L-carvone (58.94%)
Plant Part: Leaves
Processing Method: Steam Distilled
Description / Colour / Consistency: A thin, clear, colorless to pale yellow liquid.
Aromatic Summary / Note / Strength of Aroma: A top note with a medium aroma, Spearmint has a fresh minty smell reminiscent of Peppermint that is sweeter, and not so sharp.
Blends With: Basil, Birch Sweet, Bergamot, Eucalyptus, Jasmine, Lavender and Rosemary.
Product Abstract: Spearmint is cool, refreshing, and lovely to use in a bath, foot bath or diffuser. It has many therapeutic properties which include the following:
- Alleviation of flatulence
- Improvement of appetite
- Stimulating a sluggish liver
- Supporting the body's ability to overcome indigestion
- Reduction of nausea
- Headache relief
- Physical and mental energy enhancement
- Soothing of sunburn
- Stimulation of the nervous system
- Reduction of neuralgia
- Beneficial for bad breath and gum diseases when diluted and used as a mouthwash
- Detoxification of digestive organs such as the liver, stomach, small and large intestines.
- Detoxification of the lymphatic system
- Soothing of painful or swollen lymph nodes.
Cautions: Dilute before use; for external use only. May cause skin irritation in some individuals; a skin test is recommended prior to use. Contact with eyes should be avoided.